PRHFA’s principal mission is to promote the development of low-income housing and provide financing, subsidies and incentives so that people may acquire or lease a dignified home.
Established: 2001Visit PRHFA's Website
The programs available through the PRHFA for those purposes are:
- Mortgage loans to developers for the construction, improvement, operation and maintenance of rental and for-sale housing for low to moderate-income families
- Mortgage loans to citizens of low and moderate income
- Mortgage Loan Insurance Program (Act No. 87)
- CDBG-DR Homebuyer Assistance Program
- CDBG-DR Gap to Low Income Housing Tax Credits Program
- Disposition of repossessed properties
- Housing subsidy programs aimed at boosting home purchases
Additional PRHFA Programs
In addition, the PRHFA is:
- Performance Based Contract Administrator (PBCA) for HUD’s subsidy contracts for Section 8 projects in Puerto Rico
- Administrator of the HOME Investment Partnerships Program since 2010
- Puerto Rico’s State Credit Agency for the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program under Section 42 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, as amended
- Responsible for the Puerto Rico Community Development Fund, a Community Development Entity participating in the New Markets Tax Credits Program of the U.S. Treasury Department.